COMPLETE BASEBALL ENCYCLOPEDIA
The Sabermetric Baseball Encyclopedia has been renamed. It is now known as
the Complete Baseball Encyclopedia.
UPDATE--October 11, 2012--The new edition, which includes the 2012 season, is now available!!!
A daily update subscription package is now available, for those who want their
Complete Baseball Encyclopedia to be updated every day during the 2013 baseball
season. You can update it as often as want during the season. If you miss a
day, or purchase the subscription after the season starts, you don't have to
worry about any missed days. Every time the encyclopedia is updated, you will
receive the full season stats up to that point.
"Lee Sinins' Complete Encyclopedia is best reason yet developed to own
a computer. I think I must own a copy of every baseball encyclopedia there is
or ever was, and occasionally I find that I still need to pull out one of the
others, but not very often; the Complete Encyclopedia covers 97% of my needs.
Whether I'm working or playing, calculating or daydreaming, the Complete Encyclopedia
pops up to help out. I turn it on in the morning; I turn it off when the house
is on fire. Otherwise, I'm using it."--Bill James
"Never does a week go by when I don't figure out something with your program.
It's the best invention since the toaster oven!"--Jayson Stark
The encyclopedia features the following powerful functions--
- view the yearly hitting or
pitching stats of any player in history
- In addition to being able to see everyone's complete yearly stats, you can
view a segment of a player's career. For example, you can limit your
viewing of Barry Bonds's career to just his years with the Giants, or even
just his years with certain accomplishments, such as 40+ HR.
- view yearly fielding stats of any player in history
- Extensive sorting options--The encyclopedia already contained powerful
sorting features and now there are even more. The leader lists allow you to
choose criteria like individual teams, individual leagues, time spans, positions,
right handed/left handed hitters/pitchers & switch hitters. You don't
have to limit a search using the criteria and can choose as many different
options as you wish at 1 time. There is no limit to how many players can be
included on a list. Additionally, you may choose as many stats as you want
to include in the sort. Generate leader lists using both player's totals and
their figures compared to the league average. You can even mix and match the
totals and the averages. For example, a list of career HR leaders whose OPS
was at least 150 points above average is just mouseclicks away.
- Perform sorts for team stats, as well as individuals.
- Consecutive year streaks--Generate lists of players who achieved whatever
statistical feats you can think of in consecutive years. Both the players'
totals and their totals vs. the league average are available to be used.
- biographical information--birth and death dates and locations, middle names,
birth names, nicknames, height and weight
- Ages, birth and death locations, height and weight can all be used as sorting
- Leader lists can be created using a combination of different stats. For
example, you can get a list of HR leaders among players with a .300+ AVG or
- Each player has a line showing the average career totals for a player in
his league during his career. It's perfectly tailored to that particular player's
distribution of career PAs. For example, a player who had 10% of his career
PAs while playing in the AL in 2000 will have the 2000 AL stats count towards
10% of that line. There is also a line showing the average for that player's
- In addition to conventional leader lists, you can create leader lists based
on comparisons between each player to his league average.
For example, Mickey Mantle was either 313 HR or was 140% above average,
depending on which way you prefer to look at the comparison. Where does that
rank him? Thanks to the encyclopedia, we can see that he ranks 14th and 38th,
respectively. Or, if you want to compare a player to his league's average
at his position, that can also be done. Mantle was 267 HR better than the
AL average for OF during his career, or 99% better. Those figures rank him
9th and 67th, respectively
- the user has the choice of using the major leagues, or the player's specific
league when looking at the league average line.
- Leader lists can be created for seasons with whatever criteria you want.
For example, you can have a list of players with the most 40+ HR seasons.
Or you could limit that kind of search by criteria like teams, time spans
and even other requirements, like a .650+ SLG.
- pitcher's batting stats are included
- view the hitting or pitching
stats of any team in history
- view the standings for any year, including all
of the postseason game scores
- pick a year and league and get a complete list of the top 10 in each hitting
& pitching category
- pick a year and league and get team by team hitting
& pitching totals
- pick a stat and get all of its league leaders
or top 10 leaders
- pick a player and get a list of all his top 10 rankings in any season, displayed
either stat by stat or year
- pick a team and get their annual standings,
along with any championships, yearly hitting
or pitching totals
- view the yearly hitting and pitching totals for MLB and each league. Also,
view the hitting totals for MLB and each league, grouped by positions.
- award winners
- the following hitting stats are included--AT BATS, AVERAGE, BPA, CAUGHT
STEALING, DOUBLES, EXTRA BASE HITS, GAMES, GIDP, HIT BY PITCHES, HITS, HOMERUNS,
HR%, INTENTIONAL WALKS, ISOLATED POWER, OBA, OPS, OUTS, OWP, PLATE APPEARANCES,
RBI, RCAA, RCAP, TIMES REACHED BASE, RUNS, RUNS CREATED, RUNS CREATED/GAME,
SACRIFICE FLIES, SACRIFICES, SECONDARY AVERAGE, SINGLES, SLG, STOLEN BASES,
STRIKEOUTS, TOTAL BASES, TRIPLES, WALKS
- the following pitching stats are included--BALKS, BASERUNNERS/9 IP, BATTERS
FACED, COMPLETE GAMES, EARNED RUNS, ERA, GAMES, GAMES FINISHED, GAMES STARTED,
HIT BY PITCHES, HITS, HITS/9 IP, HOMERUNS, INNINGS PITCHED, INTENTIONAL WALKS,
LOSSES, RSAA, RUNS, SAVES, SHUTOUTS, STRIKEOUTS, STRIKEOUTS/9 IP, STRIKEOUTS/WALKS,
TEAM NEUTRAL WINS, TEAM NEUTRAL LOSSES, WALKS, WALKS/9 IP, WILD PITCHES, WINNING
- the following fielding stats are included--ASSISTS, DOUBLE PLAYS, ERRORS,
FIELDING PERCENTAGE, GAMES, PASSED BALLS, PUTOUTS, RANGE
- a glossary of stats, for those who aren't familiar with every stat included.
- built for fans of both sabermetrics and traditional baseball statistics
- in addition to the AL & NL (with 19th century stats included), the program
also includes the American Association (1882-91), Union Association (1884),
Players League (1890) and Federal League (1914-15)
- 19th century teams that are defunct are still included
- A powerful program, but it's easy to use. You just decide the information
you want and the program does all of the work.
The price of the program is $19.95, plus $2.50 shipping and handling. Paypal
is being used to process credit card orders and can also handle transactions
from a checking account.
DAILY UPDATE PACKAGE
Starting with the 2008 season, a daily update subscription package is available.
Each morning, you will be able to update your Complete baseball encyclopedia
to have up to date statistics. The daily updates are integrated into the whole
program. So, all of your leaders lists will be constantly be up to date.
The subscription price for the daily updates is $25, which is just the fraction
of the cost of a newspaper subscription for the season.
The deluxe package contains a copy of the Complete baseball encyclopedia plus
the active player documents plus all of the team documents for the current teams.
The price of that package is $50.
- Active player documents--The active player documents are a set of
Adobe Acrobat documents that contain the yearly hitting & pitching stats
for everyone who played in the majors during the 2008 season. The documents
are ready to be printed and for people who want to make printouts of everyone's
stats, but don't want to look up everyone individually.
- Team documents--The team documents contain the yearly hitting &
pitching stats for everyone who played for a particular team during their
history. The documents are ready to be printed and for people who want to
make printouts of everyone's stats, but don't want to look up everyone individually.
Every team is available and the deluxe package now contains all of the current
NOTE: A free copy of Adobe reader is included with the deluxe package.
||ORDER YOUR COPY OF 13.0
|COMPLETE BASEBALL ENCYCLOPEDIA: Version 13.0
Order Version 13.0 of the Complete Baseball Encyclopedia.
|$19.95 + $2.50 shipping
|COMPLETE BASEBALL ENCYCLOPEDIA 2010 subscription PACKAGE
Order the 2013 subscription package for the Complete Baseball Encyclopedia.
COMPLETE BASEBALL ENCYCLOPEDIA + 2013 subscription PACKAGE
Order Version 13.0 plus the 2013 subscription package.
$44.95 +$2.50 shipping
|DELUXE ENCYCLOPEDIA PACKAGE
Order the deluxe package for the Complete Baseball Encyclopedia, which
contains the encyclopedia plus the Adobe documents.
TOTAL--$44.95 + $2.50 shipping
Order the (1) Complete Baseball Encyclopedia + (2) the Adobe documents
+ (3) the 2013 subscription package.
| TOTAL--$74.95 + $2.50 shipping
1. The team documents will include players' entire careers and not just the
time he played for that team.
3. Pitchers' batting stats are not included in the team & active players
documents, but are still included in the encyclopedia.
Satisfaction is guaranteed, or receive your money back.
Email any questions to me
& I'll get back to you as quickly as possible.